Thursday, December 20, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

Have you seen this?
Let's just say it is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. for behavior management prior to the winter break. So, my students are not original at all. As you know, I looped with my kiddos and our Elf on the Shelf has been the same both years. Well, I always introduce it with the book and video (the video helps A LOT with non-believers). In the video, the elf's name is Chippey....so what do my kids name our Elf? You guessed it, Chippey.

Chippey has been taking some amazing adventures and the kids look for him the second they enter the classroom. Where has he been? What has he done?

He's gone ziplining....
He got caught in our net....


He peaked out of one of my kiddo's stockings...

He goes fishing for our beta Flipper...


He hides out by our learning games...


He eats popcorn and watches a movie on our class projector...


He does Christmas seek-and-finds (notice the name of this page is searching in the "Elves' Workshop")...

Now, the best one was when they were riled up and Chippey left for a day. He left them a note clipped on the Christmas tree naming each child and how they've either clearly been on the "nice list" or if their behavior should improve to be on the "nice list". It helped get them ALL back on track. :)

Where has your Elf gone? What has he done? I saw adorable ones with pepperpint "patties" in the toilet and toilet paper wrapped trees. Did you do anything creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. They always make me smile! :)