Sunday, November 3, 2013

Veterans Day

It is almost that time...Veterans Day. A day to honor those who have served and continue to serve. Since I teach on a military base, my military munchkins know what military life is all about. We decided to make Miss Kindergarten Love's adorable Soldier Boy & Girl Craftivity. You can find it HERE. The, since we get the grade level hallway bulletin board for November, I jumped at sharing our appreciation for our service members - their parents!

Here are a few pics of our bulletin board.

 

 
And just like all of their parents, my little military munchkins serve, too.
 
The Military Child’s Creed
inspired by the US Army Soldier’s Creed
I am an American Military Child.
I am a Warrior in my own right, and a member of a Military Family.
I serve with my Military Parent, who serves the people of the United States.
I will always place the mission first: to stand beside, behind, and with my Family.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will not leave a fellow military-brat hurting. 
I will stand beside them.
I am disciplined, but young; physically and mentally tough, but vulnerable. 
I will ask for help when I need it!
I am adaptable and I am resilient.
I stand ready to say “Good-bye”, whisper  ”I miss You” , and shout “Welcome Home”.
I am a representative of the American Military Family and the American way of life.
I am an American Military Child.

 
-I cannot find the origins of The Military Child's Creed. I did not write it nor claim to have written it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. They always make me smile! :)